What's The Big Eat?
The Big Eat is the perfect excuse for you to take over the kitchen – or sponsor your friends, family and colleagues to – and eat your favourite foods all in aid of a good cause!
Individuals, groups, schools, corporates, pubs, restaurants, friends and families can get involved!
Scroll down to find out how you can eat BIG and help raise money for our children’s hospice at home charity.
You can also download our full Big Eat fundraising pack here:
If you have an appetite for dinner parties, why not host your own in support of Jessie May?
Bring together your friends and family and help raise money through The Big Eat!
- Cheese and wine evening
- Afternoon tea
- Pizza and prosecco night
- A murder mystery party and dinner
- Street party – bring together your neighbours and take some Jessie May collection tins!
For more fundraising ideas, download our Big Eat Fundraising Pack here: The Big Eat Fundraising Pack
Schools, nurseries, mums and tots and holiday clubs can all eat BIG and raise money for Jessie May through The Big Eat.
Why not try:
- Bake sales! From cupcakes to homemade loaves, raise money for Jessie May and bake away!
- Ice creams in the playground
- Messy Eats… do you dare to propose a food fight?
- Teddy Bear’s Picnic – bring your favourite cuddly +1 and enjoy a picnic with friends
Don’t forget to share your foodie fundraising efforts with us online using #JessieMaysBigEat!
When you’re counting down until your lunch break, why not rally up your colleagues to get involved with The Big Eat! Here are a few fundraising ideas to tantalise your colleagues’ taste buds…
- Bake Off – Challenge your colleagues to a Bake Off style contest, include a cost to enter and split the winnings between your champion and Jessie May!
- Big Eat on the Boss – Get your boss to pay for lunch – and ask your colleagues to donate to Jessie May
- The Big Eat at Christmas – host a festive celebration in support of Jessie May! Hold your workplace’s Christmas party in aid of our charity and donate profits from entry, and food and drink, to Jessie May.
For more workplace fundraising ideas for The Big Eat download our fundraising pack here: The Big Eat Fundraising Pack
The Big Eat is all about having fun cooking, eating, sharing and competing to raise money for Jessie May. We’re looking for foodie places to get involved and show their support through their own establishment. Some quick ideas on how you can get involved:
- One Day Only – offer a % of your profits as a donation to Jessie May – we’ll share your posts and help promote your brand in the run-up
- First Table – award your first customer of the day for a period of time with a free meal and ask for a donation to Jessie May instead
- A Special Day – encourage your customers to EAT BIG by hosting a special day in support of Jessie May. Our Fundraising Team are no-hand to provide banners, leaflets and collection tins for your Jessie May foodie fundraiser!
Download our Big Eat fundraising pack for more fundraising ideas for your pub, bar, restaurant or health club here: The Big Eat Fundraising Pack
If you’re watching your weight you can still get involved with The Big Eat. Whether you’re an individual looking to lose a few pounds, or a gym or weight loss club looking to support a local cause, we have a large plateful of healthy fundraising ideas to share.
Perhaps you can commit to a vegetarian or vegan diet for a period of time?
Former World Snooker Champion Peter Ebdon shared with Jessie May: "I have been vegan for the past seven years and I have found it has really improved my health. I love all sorts of vegan recipes but my favourite is a vegan shepherd's pie which my sister cooks. She makes it with sweet potato, onions, lentils, carrots and celery. It’s fantastic!”
- Give Up! Commit to giving up chocolate, crisps, sugar… or whatever you like and get sponsored for the challenge. Why not dare your partner or friend to do the same and compete.
- Don’t order that weekly takeaway and donate what you save to our charity
- Don’t go to the pub and donate your beer money to Jessie May
- Take on the ‘Pound for Pound Challenge’ – the more you lose, the more you give!
The Big Eat – Your Recipes!
How to pay in your money
Thank you so much to all hosting a Big Eat event! Make sure to send us your photos along the way and share them, along with your recipes, using #JessieMaysBigEat.
We would love for you to take part in The Big Eat and raise money for Jessie May - and there's never been a better time to get involved! We are taking part in the national match-funding campaign The Big Give Christmas Challenge.
During The Big Give every donation we receive will be DOUBLED!
The Big Give takes place from Tuesday 27th November to Tuesday 4th December 2018. During this week, every penny donated to our charity will be matched by pledgers, meaning your donation will go twice as far.
We aim to reach our target of £23,100 which will allow us to provide care for 11 newly referred terminally ill children.
To donate during The Big Give (Tuesday 27th November to Tuesday 4th December) click here. Here you can click through to our profile and process your donation.
Unfortunately we cannot accept donations by post or in person for them to be registered through The Big Give and doubled. If you would like to donate by cheque or cash, or cannot process your donation through The Big Give, don't worry! We are extremely grateful for donations of any size and are always hugely touched when supporters choose to fundraise for us.
You can donate by clicking here or sending by post to:
35 Old School House
You can view our Kingswood office on maps here.
And of course, if you'd like to drop in with your donation, please do - we love to meet and thank our supporters in person!
Thanks to all our supporters!
As always, we would like to say a huge thank you to all our supporters - old and new. We hope you enjoy taking part in The Big Eat and are inspired by the ideas across our fundraising pack here: The Big Eat Fundraising Pack
If you'd like to get involved but would like to speak to a member of our fundraising team for some advice, or to receive Jessie May collections tins, posters etc, please give the team a ring on 0117 958 2174, or email email@example.com
Many thanks for your support!