22 April 2020
Join Team Jessie May for the 2.6 Challenge
The COVID-19 pandemic has meant the cancellation of thousands of charity fundraising events and the loss of billions in fundraising income.
In response, the organisers of the biggest mass-participation sports events across the country have come together to create a new campaign to raise vital funds to help to save the UK’s charities.
From Sunday 26 April, join the rest of the UK for The 2.6 Challenge as part of Team Jessie May.
Why Team Jessie May?
It’s an incredibly challenging time at the moment, for everyone across the UK. We’re all feeling vulnerable, unsettled and uncertain with what we’re living through.
For Jessie May children and families this uncertainty is something they’re all too familiar with but now with the added pressure of contracting coronavirus, and further risk to life, Jessie May nursing care in their home is paramount.
Trained, specialist Jessie May nurses provide end of life support in the home to children and their families when they so desperately need it, at a time when there is already an unprecedented amount of pressure and demand on hospital services.
Jessie May needs your help now, more than ever before, to continue supporting vulnerable children and their families with the evolving crisis and difficult times that will follow.
Be our StayAtHome Hero
The #TwoPointSixChallenge is your chance to be a StayAtHome Hero and raise funds from your living room, bedroom, balcony or garden…everyone can join in!
- Come up with any activity idea around the numbers 2.6 or 26 that suits your skills. If you’d like help with fundraising ideas, try our ideas below!
- Click here to donate £26 – or whatever you can afford – or to set up a fundraising page.
- Ask all your friends and family to sponsor you and challenge them to do their own 2.6 Challenge
- Complete your challenge
- Share a photo or video of your challenge on social media with #TwoPointSixChallenge and don’t forget to tag us @jessiemay
Here are a few ideas to kick start your challenge:
- Do 26 Tik Toks in 26 minutes
- Sing 26 songs in 26 minutes
- Bake 26 cakes in a week
- Read 26 books in 2.6 months
- Run or cycle 2.6 miles as your daily exercise
- Run up and down stairs as many times as you can in 26 minutes
- Do as many keepie-uppies as you can in 26 minutes
- Do 26 burpees in 2.6 minutes
- Hold a plank for 2.6 minutes
- Hold a 26-hour sponsored silence
How will my fundraising help Jessie May?
The support of Jessie May nurses can’t be put on hold.
While the pandemic has put everything on hold, from marathons and sports to holidays and weddings, supporting families in crisis and with end of life care can’t be put on hold.
By taking on the 2.6 challenge, you’ll be helping children and their families get vital support from Jessie May nurses when it’s needed more than ever.
Help to inspire the nation by sharing pictures or videos of your challenge on social media using the hashtag #TwoPointSixChallenge to be part of the campaign. And don’t forget to tag us @jessiemay!
What else do I need to know?
There are no rules – apart from the Government guidelines on how to exercise safely during this time.
The main thing is to have fun and pledge whatever you can to help seriously ill children at Jessie May. They need us and we need you, now, more than ever.