Learn more about employment and voluntary opportunities within Jessie May
Here at Jessie May we are a very small team, led by our Chief Executive Officer Chris Roys. We also have a Fundraising Team, a mixture of Children’s Nurses and Nursery Nurses, and an office admin team. We are supported by an Extended Team of Nurses and Nursery Nurses. All nursing personnel are employed through a local NHS Trust, University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust (UHBristol), but are paid for by the funds that Jessie May needs to raise each year.
Jessie May is responsible in-house for the recruitment of all other positions.
To find out more about how you can volunteer with the Jessie May fundraising team, please click here.
Job Vacancy: Director of Funding Development
Job role: Director of Funding Development
Location: Kingswood, Bristol
Hours: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Salary: £45,000 – £50,000
Closing date for applications: Friday 8th February 2019
Helping to support children with life limiting conditions and their families in their own homes, as Director of Funding Development you will be responsible for leading the strategic direction and operational management of the Income Generation & Communications functions. i.e. Voluntary, Statutory and Earned Income together with Marketing and Communications which fund our vital work.
As part of the Senior Management Team you will need to be able to demonstrate a track record of achievement, be able to provide fundraising, commercial and marketing advice and support to the Chief Executive, Trustees, and Senior Management Team.
Ideally you will be a professional fundraiser and a senior manager with strategic and staff management responsibility. This role would really suit a strategic thinking professional interested in driving ambitious growth plans forward. You are likely to be dynamic, proactive and adaptable, and bring a commercially astute and solutions-focussed mind.
Experience & achievements required for this role:
- Substantial senior level fundraising experience, within a similar sized charity engaged in diverse fundraising techniques.
- Proven track record of formulating, leading and implementing fundraising strategies and demonstrable success in generating income of over £1 million across a diverse range of fundraising streams as above.
- Knowledge and experience of growing and diversifying income including through earned income techniques and strategies.
The main skills required for this role:
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build strong relationships with the maturity and ability to communicate, persuade and influence effectively both verbally and in writing with a range of internal and external audiences
- Demonstrable financial management, budgeting and planning skills across large and complex expenditure and income budgets with the ability to produce credible effective data or reports and discuss details with confidence.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to act in a diplomatic, credible and effective manner whilst representing Jessie May. Able to earn the respect and confidence of a range of senior and influential contacts.
You can download the full job description, person specification and information pack for this role here.
You can download a chart of the Jessie May Structure of Funding Development Team here.
How to apply
The application format is CV and Supporting Statement. Your Supporting Statement should be around 1,000 words or two sides of A4, and it should set out how you meet the experience and knowledge requirements of the role.
Apply via email to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is Friday 8th February 2019. All applications will be acknowledged to confirm receipt. If you do not receive a confirmation email please contact Jessie May directly.
For more information on this role, please contact Chris Roys on:
T: 0117 961 6840