Vision, Mission & Values
Find out more about Jessie May’s Vision, Mission and Values in caring for children and young people who have a terminal illness
Our vision is a world in which all children and young people with life limiting conditions are empowered and able to access the support they want for themselves and their families. We aim to ensure that they have the very best quality of life possible and can exercise their right to live and to be cared for in their own homes with their families.
Our mission is to work in partnership with families and other agencies to deliver and develop quality respite and palliative care services in the home for all children and young people with life limiting conditions and their families who choose them and who live in our geographical area.
- We believe that it is in the best interests of children and families that we work collaboratively and in partnership with the other agencies providing complementary services to children and families with life limiting conditions.
- We believe that parents and carers usually know what is best for their child and we aim to work in partnership with them so that they and their children are empowered to choose how and when they want services delivered.
- We believe it is important to focus on the child and not on his/her condition. We strive to be open and honest in our communications with all those that have an interest in our work and our organisation.
- We strive to be creative and innovative in order to meet the needs of families and to deliver excellence.
- We believe that all children have equal value and all children have potential to be fulfilled no matter how short their life.
- We believe that all children and families have the right to be supported at home and to choose how that support is provided irrespective of their ethnic, religious, cultural or other background.
- We believe that all family members have a right to this support and we strive for a holistic approach.